Friday, December 2, 2016

Coats, Soothes, Relieves

More treasure from the vault. I pitched this as an Art-o-Mat project years ago: a series of portraits referenced from an old University of South Carolina college yearbook. Since the folks in this 1950s university setting were all of a certain ethnic distinction (or lack thereof), I decided to paint them all with the identical shade of pink. The Pepto Bismol I keep handy for my anxious stomach was within reach at the time, so I used that instead of watercolor, which would have required getting off the floor. (In keeping with toddler-age traditions, I paint while sitting on the floor.)

Can't say I recommend Pepto as a valid medium, but I'll get back to you when I've finished my studies in Colgate and Cool Mint Listerine.

No comments:

Post a Comment